Vitabiotics Pregnacare Breast Feeding 84 Tabs
A healthy, varied diet is vital for new mothers, to help produce nutritious breast milk and maintain their own health during the postnatal period. Maternal breastfeeding is strongly recommended for the newborn baby as it provides essential nutrients and antibodies for long term health. Pregnacare Breast-feeding is an all-in-one pack, formulated with key specific ingredients for the postnatal period, including essential fatty acids such as DHA.
Why take Pregnacare Breastfeeding?
The formula provides the ideal follow-on product for mums after childbirth, as part of the complete Pregnacare range from conception to breastfeeding.
Pregnacare Breast-feeding is carefully formulated by experts, with essential vitamins, minerals, and DHA, to help support all-round health and vitality including iron which contributes to normal energy release.
Pregnacare Breast-feeding can also be taken as a general postnatal supplement for 6-9 months following childbirth or longer if required, to replace depleted nutrients and assist the body following pregnancy, even if you are not breastfeeding.
For mothers who avoid dairy products, the formula also contains calcium which is needed for the maintenance of normal bones.
Pregnacare Breast-feeding contains 10mcg vitamin D as advised by the UK Department of Health during pregnancy and breastfeeding, the full RNI of 700mg calcium and 300mg DHA, the exact level recommended by international experts*.
Careful support without excessive levels
Pregnacare Breast-feeding has been specially formulated by experts to provide sensible, balanced levels of vitamins and minerals. All ingredients have been included on the basis of scientific research with ideal amounts for breastfeeding.
Pregnacare Breast-feeding provides:
- Postnatal micronutrient tablets
- 700mg calcium, vitamin K & D and magnesium which contribute to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Vitamin B6, niacin (vit. B3), iron and magnesium which contribute to normal energy release.
- Includes 10mcg vitamin D the exact level as advised by the UK Department of Health during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Each capsule provides 300mg DHA, the level recommended by international experts for mums during lactation*.
- Maternal intake of DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) contributes to the normal brain and eye development of breast-fed infants**. Infants have limited capability to synthesize fatty acids, which therefore must be obtained direct from external sources such as the mother's milk.
- During breast-feeding, the infant's brain continues to take up DHA and 15% of brain growth occurs after birth.
- Contains the purest pharmaceutical grade fish oil, certified for sustainability by Friend of the Sea.